Friday, April 25, 2008

Why blog?

A good blog is a powerful thing. The opportunity to eloquently and transparently convey all manner of thoughts in word or image to an unlimited audience is historically a rare thing indeed. And yet many blogs are taken as little more than an opportunity to vent. Perhaps that is what I am doing now- but I pray not. Why do desires for power, whether money, or authority, or time, come so easily, while dreams consistent with the true end of those same things are so fleeting?

Several weeks ago I came across this proverb:
"As water reflects a face
so a man's heart reflects the man."

And just now I recalled Lewis writing, aim for heaven and you get earth thrown in. Aim for earth and you get neither. (Paraphrased. It is so SO Lewis-ian- I love it.)

It would seem that on "our own," only the corrupt form of powerful ideas are visible- only the forms, the distorted and reduced forms by which to serve ourselves. (It's all but cliche putting it that way- but there it is). Only in the Kingdom can the true potential of that which we would otherwise corrupt be revealed. Even a blog. I can use this blog to draw attention to myself- or, in faith, to share my encounters with Light, to others, for His glory.

(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment