Monday, August 31, 2009

Sunday afternoon drive in the country

I spent four hours on Sunday driving around, getting familiar with the landscape--geographical, historical, demographical, and otherwise. The pictures below are what I was able to photograph while trying not to compromise on my driving abilities. The only casualty was picture quality.

A civic building--the courthouse perhaps?



I have a desk. I love it. Simple and effective. This is the first time I've felt that I have sufficient and organized work space.

Outrageously pastoral. And timeless. And green. And beautiful.

Near an overlook on the river. The rail cars seem to be there permanently; an excellent reminder of remarkable legacy.

The high level bridge. My bus sits in that traffic.

My noble steed. Many thanks to Pennsylvania law for not requiring a front license plate; mine now sits in my garage. Now I just need to cover the two holes it left in the front bumper...

Next weekend is Labor Day weekend. Time for a longer trip. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment