Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thoughts on packing

I'm trying to sort my worldly possessions into boxes, cheaply, quickly, compactly, and perhaps even entertainingly. My feeble cries denying (or at least denouncing) my own materialism have been stifled under a mountain of books, socks, coffee cups, and power adapters. The original plan to grab my french press and bike and jump in the car heading east has been replaced with organization, boxes, phone calls, and all other manner of responsibility that threatens to make my adventurous side revolt. Lesson: taking care of all that needs to be taken care of as I move to a new city and start a new phase in life is not so easy to pair with the creativity, risks, spontaneity, and adventure that is so essential to moving well...and enjoying it.

The end.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why I've never read your blog. I enjoyed your packing thoughts. You should write more!

    ReplyDelete